Sugar Love Chocolates launches Sugar Love University
Year-long event series will teach topics in chocolate through taste
Learn about origins of chocolate, its role in commerce and culture and its transformation throughout culinary history at Sugar Love University, a year-long event series by Sugar Love Chocolates.
“I’m going to be teaching through tasting,” said Krysta Bea Jackson, founder of Sugar Love Chocolates, who will be the instructor for each course. Jackson makes each piece of chocolate sold at Sugar Love Chocolates by hand and is enamored with the magic and chemistry of chocolate and candy.
Each month, Jackson will delve into a particular facet of chocolate. Each session will feature limited-edition chocolate flavors, complimentary wine, beer or spirits, and light hors d’oeuvres.
Topics and dates include:
- CHOC 102: History of Chocolate, Wednesday, 8/24/16
- CHOC 103: Seminar in Textures, Thursday, 9/22/16
- CHOC 104: Principles of Ingredients, Tuesday, 10/20/16
- CHOC 203: New World Flavors, Wednesday, 11/16/16
- CHOC 204: Chocolate Rituals and Celebrations, Thursday, 12/15/16
- CHOC 205: Health Benefits of Chocolate, Tuesday, 1/10/17
- CHOC 303: Focus On Flavors, Wednesday, 2/8/17
- CHOC 304: Special Topics in Chocolate Inspiration, Thursday, 3/9/17
- CHOC 306: Geography of Chocolate, Tuesday, 4/4/17
- CHOC 403: Advanced Ingredient Studies, Wednesday, 5/10/17
- CHOC 404: Chocolate and Masculinity, Thursday, 6/15/17
While Sugar Love University is not affiliated with or accredited by any official education institution, the series promises to be educational — and tasty.
Single class admission starts at $28, and admission to all 11 courses is $231. To buy tickets, visit sugarlovechocolates.eventbrite.com.
Sugar Love Chocolates blends unusual ingredients with high-quality chocolate to create sweets to love. Retail location is open from noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, in The Basement, 50 S. Virginia St., Suite 11. Or, learn more and order online at sugarlovechocolates.com.